[soc.religion.islam] on-line Quran

farjood@ihlpm.att.com (Farhad Farjood) (07/05/90)

A few months ago there were some talks as to having an on-line version
of Quran. The last I heard it was that there was no more need for any
volenteers adn the job was almost done. Is the on-line version available
now? If yes could you let me know how I can get to it? I will greatly
appreciate this.

asafi@rdrc.rpi.edu (Ahmad Safi) (08/27/90)

Hi Netters: On behalf of a friend I'm posting this advert here:

   		        THE GLORIOUS QURAN
			==================

	Instant Computer Based Access to the Complete Quarnic
	                  Text in English

	Features:

	    - Menu Driven
	    - Display or Print
	    - 97% Words Indexed
	    - Print file creation
	    - Quranic Statistics
	    - Comprehensive Documentation

	Technical Requirements:

	    - IBM PC/XT PS2 or Compatibles
	    - DOS 2.0 or later version
	    - Hard Disk or 2 Floppies
	    - 720k Disk Space needed.

	       FOR A LOW PRICE OF $39.00 (+ $4 S&H)

	To order: Using Mastercard or Visa Call (302) 996-3291
		  Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm (EST)

				 or

		  Send certified check to:

		  First State Computer Systems, Inc.
		  P.O.Box 7854, Newark, DE 19714-7854

Ahmad Safi.

bes@tybalt.caltech.edu (Behnam Sadeghi) (09/26/90)

>In article <1990Sep21.131858.16824@nntp-server.caltech.edu> bes@tybalt.caltech.edu (Behnam Sadeghi) writes:
>>here's an excerpt from an advertisement in the Winter 1987 issue of "Minaret":
>>
>>  QURANBASE
>>
>>  The QURANBASE program is a database containing the entire Quranic
>>  text-- Yusuf Ali's Translation....
>
>Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the gentleman was
>looking for a machine-readable Quran, and not a canned database (unless
>that canned database includes a machine readable text; if so, surely it
>cannot be copyrighted, and can therefore be send around to anyone who
>wants it).
>
>-Richard

Thanks.  Obviously I misunderstood the question.

Behnam Sadeghi