[soc.religion.islam] Diiferences of a Muslim with Israel!

mughal@iago.caltech.edu (Mughal, Asim) (11/04/90)

__Asim Mughal_______________________________________________________________

  I only represent myself, not my university and/or my employer.
  --flames & unsolicited e-mail will be sent to 'dead-file area

  Mughal@citiago.bitnet  mughal@Caltech.bitnet  mughal@iago.caltech.edu
Joshua Geller asks whether the differecens of a Muslim
with Israel will be political or religious.

I see following differences of a Muslim with Israel:

1. A Muslim should be able to go to the third most holy
Masjid in Islam, Al-Aqsa. Prophet peace be upon him said
travel is allowed for only three Masjids. 1) Masjidal-Haram
in Makkah. 2) Masjidal-Nabwi in Madinah 3) Masjidal-Aqsa
in Yaroshalam.

2. It is duty of all Muslims, according to Koran, to fight
all those who drive you (or your brothers) from your homes.
Muslims consider occupation of Falasteenies driving them
out of there homes.

3. Does anybody in the network or not disagree that the killings
of Falasteenies in occupied Falsteen should be stopped. If you
do then you are taking the side of killers.

Toleration of people of other faiths does not mean that they
can kill us and we "tolerate". It means that we live in
peace and harmony. If there is a Muslim government and
in the minority non-muslims there is a dispute, then that
dispute be resolved according to the minority's rules. This
is just an example of tolerance in Islam. I do not see this
kind of tolerance in today's western "civilized" nations.
May be the "barbarians" were better!

Regards.

isaac@goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU (Isaac Balbin) (11/05/90)

mughal@iago.caltech.edu (Mughal, Asim) writes:

>3. Does anybody in the network or not disagree that the killings
>of Falasteenies in occupied Falsteen should be stopped. If you
>do then you are taking the side of killers.

Can I ask for clarification and definition. Where exactly is
occupied Falasteen? This question cannot be answered without such
clarification. It is my understanding that Islam respects the rights
of people to their homeland. Even in 1948, this area was part of
Israel. Is there an Islamic source to indicate that this is not
the case?

	Does Islam believe in an eye for an eye?
	If so, why were the people praying at the Wall attacked?
	If not, why were these innocents picked on?
	Does Islam say that you can pick on anybody, or is it better
	to fight he who fights you. My understanding is that none of those
	who were praying were fighting.
--
Dr. Isaac Balbin,
RMIT Victoria University of Technology,

mughal@iago.caltech.edu (Mughal, Asim) (11/10/90)

[Reminder by a moderator: replies to this article must remain relevant
 to Islam, otherwise they won't be posted.]

In article <1990Nov5.005143.634@wpi.WPI.EDU>, isaac@goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU (Isaac Balbin) writes...
> It is my understanding that Islam respects the rights
>of people to their homeland.

It most certainly does, does Judaism respect that?
Why does Kahane says "I want the Arabs out of Israel. Out, out out!"?

> Even in 1948, this area was part of
>Israel.

It certainly was, that was the time Israel occupied Falasteen,
the question really is who was there prior to 1948?
Is that not driving the people of land out of their homes?

>	Does Islam believe in an eye for an eye?
Islam certainly believes an eye for an eye and all Muslims
are obliged to obey. BUT what about Judaism, does it not
believe in it, can they murder 21 people for throwing
stones. An eye for an eye to me means that they if
someone throws stone at you, you may throw stones at him,
but bullets ... Nah!
>	If so, why were the people praying at the Wall attacked?
>	If not, why were these innocents picked on?
>	Does Islam say that you can pick on anybody, or is it better
>	to fight he who fights you. My understanding is that none of those
>	who were praying were fighting.
I agree that praying is not fighting and if there are
people praying they are not fighting. But these are the
people who drove those Falasteenis out of there home
and throwing stones is the demonstration of frustrations
these people have. Still not deserving bullets.