[soc.religion.islam] A question?

SM01@liverpool.ac.uk (01/16/91)

Selam,

This is my question below:
A non-muslim man will accept to become muslim, not because he believes in but
wants to marry to the muslim girl. Are this muslima allowed acc. to Islam marry
to this man ?

Thanks in advance. AHMET.

avrat@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ali Kodal) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan16.064024.6597@nntp-server.caltech.edu> SM01@liverpool.ac.uk writes:
>Selam,
>
>This is my question below:
>A non-muslim man will accept to become muslim, not because he believes in but
>wants to marry to the muslim girl. Are this muslima allowed acc. to Islam marry
>to this man ?
>
>Thanks in advance. AHMET.

No. In order to be muslim person have to believe there is no God but Allah
and Muhammed is his messenger.Muslim women cannot marry non-muslims.

Ali Kodal

ta00est@unccvax.uncc.edu (elizabeth s tallant) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan16.064024.6597@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, SM01@liverpool.ac.uk writes:
> Selam,
>
> This is my question below:
> A non-muslim man will accept to become muslim, not because he believes in but
> wants to marry to the muslim girl. Are this muslima allowed acc. to Islam marry
> to this man ?
>
> Thanks in advance. AHMET.

I can't tell you that much about what Islamic law says, but I can tell you
that in practice, people often change their religion to Islam for marital
reasons.

I know of a man in an Arabic country who wanted to divorce his wife, but
the Catholic church would not allow him to do such.  So, the man changed
his official religion to Islam so that he could divorce his wife and
remarry.

In Israel, two people must be of the same official religion in order to
marry.  People often change their official religion to Islam so that
they can marry.  They majority are Jewish women who marry Moslem men.