[soc.religion.islam] Religious primer

reza@iexist.att.com (H Reza Zarafshar) (02/03/91)

In article <1991Jan29.085941.1212@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, paul@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
> >I'm interested in reading up on
> >Islam. Can anyone direct me towards a history and/or fundamental text?
>
> I just had a peak at the paperback edition of Arberry's translation of
> the Qur'an and like what I saw. If you have access to Muhammad Asad's
> translation I can thoroughly recommend it. To buy it, though, is
> pricey ($70).

The non-hard cover (I guess they call it paper back?) copy of Mohammad
Assad's translation can be obtained from the Islamic Foundation Bookstore
in Villa Park, IL. for about $30.00.  As far as I know they accept mail
order.  If you need it, please let me know and I will help in getting
a copy in your hands.

Reza Zarafshar,
att!iexist!reza,