[soc.religion.islam] End of Ramadhan thoughts

shahed@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (shahed ameer) (04/19/91)

Assalamualikum warahmatullah wabaraktuh:

I received an interesting handout today at the Friday prayers and wanted
to share it with the net. It's written by our Imam, Yahya Hendi, I think.

The question which comes at the end of Ramadhan is 'Did Ramadhan affect
our iman and improve our piety?' If the answer to the question is yes, then
we have indeed achieved the true goal of fasting.

This piety, which means to fear Allah in everything we do and say, should be
practised throughout the year and not just in Ramadhan.

Taqwa in Ramadhan teaches the Muslims not to forget what Prophet Muhammad saw
said: "None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he
wishes for himself."

Ramadhan teaches the Muslims to lead himself and not let his desires lead him.

At the end of this month, we still have time to renew our covenant with
Allah swt. Prophet Muhammad saw said: "If my ummah knew the benefits they
derived from the month of Ramadhan, they would wish that the whole year would
be Ramadhan."

May Allah accept our prayers and ibadah.

Wassalam.
Shahed Ameer   shahed@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin.

lateef@eemips.tamu.edu (Afroz Lateef) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr16.212715.31850@wpi.WPI.EDU> shahed@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (shahed ameer) writes:

>Assalamualikum warahmatullah wabaraktuh:
>
>May Allah accept our prayers and ibadah.

  AAAAMEEEEEEEENN.