[soc.religion.islam] news from al-jihad al-islami in Palestine

gt8145a@prism.gatech.edu (FADEL,AYMAN HOSSAM) (04/25/91)

The following information is taken from a publication entitled
al-mujaahid.  The publication, which is in Arabic, is distributed
by the Islamic Committee for Palestine, which is based in Tampa,
Fla.  To contact the publishers of the magazine, you may write

Lubnaan--Beirut-Shuuraan P.O. Box 135769

The 15th of Shabaan issue (March 1) reported that
the demonstrators at Cairo university were chanting:

Hosni mubarak ya gabaan ya 'amiil el-amrikan

husni mubarak, you coward, you client of the Americans.

  The magazine reported that one student was martyred in these clashes.
His name is khaalid muhammad abd al-aziz.

The magazine also reported that the egyptian security forces (internal)
were spreading a rumor that ayman muhammad hassan, who on the 25th of
November of last year crossed the borders of Sinai and attacked
the Zionist squatters near the port of Aqaba, killing and wounding 38,
attempted suicide.  Some members of the Egyptian opposition and other
Islamic groups likened this to the "suicide" of Sulayman Khatir.  [wasn't
he the one who was accused of killing Israeli tourists in Sinai]

salam,
ayman

--
FADEL,AYMAN HOSSAM
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8145a

darwish@eng.umd.edu (Mamdouh Maher) (04/26/91)

[Moderator's note: please, try to keep this thread relevant to Islam.]

Assalamu `alaykum.

Brother Ayman Fadel; writes:
>The 15th of Shabaan issue (March 1) reported that
>the demonstrators at Cairo university were chanting:
>
>Hosni mubarak ya gabaan ya 'amiil el-amrikan
>
>husni mubarak, you coward, you client of the Americans.
                                ^^^^^^
Better yet, it means agent.

I am an Egyptian. I really cannot disagree even in the slightest terms. This
if an accurate statement about the president of Egypt.

>salam,
>ayman
>
>FADEL,AYMAN HOSSAM

Assalamy `alaykum,