[soc.religion.islam] The use of the word Allah

tnap1@ccvax.iastate.edu (05/09/91)

I think that while it is important that everyone understands that Allah means
God when speaking to non-Muslims we should make clear that they understand
what we mean by God. That is that we mean the One true God who is One NOT
three and he has NO sons are daughters or any relatives for that matter.
We should make sure that they understand God's position with respect to
mankind. That is he is our creator not our Father, we are his servants
Not his children.
Assalaamu `Alaikum
                        Abur Rahman (the servant of the Most Merciful)

goguenm@chopin.udel.edu (Matthew L Goguen) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May9.114325.23668@wpi.WPI.EDU> tnap1@ccvax.iastate.edu writes:

>I think that while it is important that everyone understands that Allah means
>God when speaking to non-Muslims we should make clear that they understand
>what we mean by God. That is that we mean the One true God who is One NOT
>three and he has NO sons are daughters or any relatives for that matter.
>We should make sure that they understand God's position with respect to
>mankind. That is he is our creator not our Father, we are his servants
>Not his children.
>Assalaamu `Alaikum
>                        Abur Rahman (the servant of the Most Merciful)

  You have just shown the basic differences between the Christian and
Muslim concepts of God or Allah. (Makes no difference to me.)
  Just as I have difficualty understanding Islam I have begun to understand
the difficulty involved with a Muslim trying to understand Christianity by
reading this group. If I may be a little bold I would like to ask what
brings man to Allah, works(Keeping rules and commandments) or Allah's
mercy(For those who want to follow him but arn't sure how or try but fail)
according to Islam. (I know Christianities response for that is where I
am coming from. )
may Allah's Peace be given unto you,

//  Matthew L. Goguen       // Choose this day whom ye  //
//  ELEG(SOPH)              // will serve as for me and //
//  goguenm@chopin.udel.edu // my house we will serve   //
//  goguenm@brahms.udel.edu // the LORD. Joshua 24:15   //