[soc.religion.islam] followup to Rached's message

665instr@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Ian) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May20.171029.17335@wpi.WPI.EDU>, rached@raksha.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rached Zantout) writes:
[detail information deleted]
> This is according to Islam (and by the way there is no more than one
> Islam but there are different opinions in Islam). About saying Shahadah
> in front of two Muslims (the number two) I didn't hear of that and I
> have to check it, if you could please supply your references.
> Rached

Thank you for the info. Sorry, I can't supply a reference: I heard it from a
friend of mine who said that's how he converted to Islam a couple of years
ago.

By the way, regarding "there is no more than one Islam but there are different
opinions in Islam" yes, I can see what you mean. I guess people have trouble
telling what is an opinion and what is Islam sometimes, tho. (I mean that in
other newsgroups and other conversations, people have said things to me like,
"well, what they did was not really Muslim.")
--
Ian Chai      Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu        Bitnet: 665instr@ukanvax
I don't believe in flaming. If I appear to be flaming, either (a) it's an