[soc.religion.islam] Halal Meat?

MM24@liverpool.ac.uk (MM24) (05/24/91)

Aslam-Alaikum,

I am a student from Pakistan and living in Liverpool for last couple of years.
I would be grateful if any body can solve my query.

What meat can we eat here?. I have heard people saying that you can eat any
meat as long as it is not pork and you say Bismillah al-rehman al-rahim before
eating.

It is not that you cant buy proper halal food, but it is not easily available
and some time you have to eat in the university, ot to a friend.

Also some body told me that in 'Quran it is said that, We have allowed you to
eat food of the believers (Christian and Jewish).

Please tell me what exactly is right?

Thank you for your help.

anderson@cshl.org (John Anderson) (05/30/91)

MM24@liverpool.ac.uk (MM24) writes:
>I am a student from Pakistan and living in Liverpool for last couple of years.
>I would be grateful if any body can solve my query.

>What meat can we eat here?. I have heard people saying that you can eat any
>meat as long as it is not pork and you say Bismillah al-rehman al-rahim before
>eating.

>It is not that you cant buy proper halal food, but it is not easily available
>and some time you have to eat in the university, ot to a friend.

>Also some body told me that in 'Quran it is said that, We have allowed you to
>eat food of the believers (Christian and Jewish).

>Please tell me what exactly is right?

>Thank you for your help.

I am curious ... do Muslims use a lot of kosher products?
--
John Anderson
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory