[soc.religion.islam] God/Allah/Adonai/Yawah --- same one God.

ham@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Hameed Ahmed Mohammed) (06/07/91)

Allah/God/Adonai--Refers to the same one God .

The Jews, Christians and the Muslims worship the same God. If the jews say
"Adonai" , they are still refering to the same One God which the the Christians
and Muslims also worship. Therefore it is tantamount to taking the name of Allahand the animal slaughtered thus is perfectly halal.

Today also the orthodox Jews still take the name of God over the animal which
is being slaughtered. If the reader is interested in knowing the similarity
of the method of slaughter by Jews and Muslims, Inshallah I will post it on the
network.

martillo@crackers.clearpoint.com (Martillo) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun7.133432.21142@wpi.WPI.EDU>, ham@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Hameed Ahmed Mohammed) writes:

> Allah/God/Adonai--Refers to the same one God .

> The Jews, Christians and the Muslims worship the same God. If the jews say
> "Adonai" , they are still refering to the same One God which the the Christians
> and Muslims also worship. Therefore it is tantamount to taking the name of Allahand the animal slaughtered thus is perfectly halal.

> Today also the orthodox Jews still take the name of God over the animal which
> is being slaughtered. If the reader is interested in knowing the similarity
> of the method of slaughter by Jews and Muslims, Inshallah I will post it on the
> network.

As I understand, most observant Shi`ites would not consider meat
slaughtered by Jews or Sunnis as halal.  Even for Sunnis, there is the
problem of contamination by food which Jews consider kasher yet which is
prohibited to Muslims like wine.

Joachim Carlo Santos Martillo Ajami

--
The statements contained in this article solely represent the views of
the author and in no way do they reflect the official opinion or policy

rbc1878@rigel.tamu.edu (CHAUDRY, RIZWAN BASHIR) (06/10/91)

>is being slaughtered. If the reader is interested in knowing the similarity
>of the method of slaughter by Jews and Muslims, Inshallah I will post it on the
>network.
^^^^^^^^^

Please do so it will be a good thing to know.....
thankyou.....