[soc.religion.islam] Is India ...

msa@zeus.unomaha.edu (MSA of Nebraska U. @Omaha &Omaha Islamic Center) (06/17/91)

> Newsgroups: soc.culture.arabic
> Subject: Re: Is India .... u r wrong Mr. Ajami
> From: eopa27@castle.ed.ac.uk (Dr D R T Keeble)
> Date: 13 Jun 91 16:59:01 GMT
> In article <16199.2855803a@zeus.unomaha.edu> msa@zeus.unomaha.edu (MSA of Nebraska U. @Omaha &Omaha Islamic Center) writes:
> #                        IN THE NAME OF ALLAH
> 	    		      [etc etc]
> #It can not be said that Islam distinguishes among people on account of their
> #religion because Islam confers the essential rights on all people without
> #any distinction. Islam brings all people together on a purely human basis
> #and at the same time guarantees them absolute freedom to adopt the religion
> #of their choice, under its own care and protection.
> Then why is it illegal to build a church or hold a Christian service in
> Saudi Arabia?
>
> David Keeble
>
> Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian
> Subject: Re: Is India .... u r wrong Mr. Ajami
> From: sanjay@cs.scarolina.edu (Sanjay Agrawal)
> Date: 12 Jun 91 19:28:31 GMT
> Sender: usenet@usceast.cs.scarolina.edu (USENET News System)
>

> Talk about some modern Islamic states and practices followed in those
> states.
> May be practices of Saudi Arabia will good to begin with
> And how ever you may justify that tax Jazia, it is wrong, no another
> religion imposes it.

                        IN THE NAME OF ALLAH
                   THE MERCIFUL THE COMPASSIONATE

Assalamu alaikum:

First of all, We don't mean to cross post all over the news groups, but
since that Ajami is spreading his misinformation all over the net we will,
God willing, follow his posts around to clear the facts about Islam.

Thanks to Ajami for bringing up such subjects for discussion.

and now for the reply ...

Sadly, there is no Islamic state, some are trying and some coming up in the
near future, God willing, such as Algeir .. etc.

You both mentioned Saudi Arabia. Saudi Kingdom is hardly an example of an
Islamic state. Everyone knows about their hypocrisy.

As for Jezyah, we will not justify for anyone the Jezyah. Jezyah is ordered by
ALLAH. All we did is that we listed and explained the rules. From what you have
read you should have understood that Jezyah is the only thing non Moslem
citizens pay or do in an Islamic state and clearly it is way less than what
Muslim citizens pay and still non Muslim citizens get help and protection from
the state and Muslims as ordered by Islam of course.
As for it is 'wrong' because no other religion imposes it. Well, You are
entitled to your opinion and religion just as every religion and sect is
entitled to their practices and rules. BTW, next time You file your taxes in
the US take it up with the IRS on basis that there are countries where they
don't pay taxes.

Let us say it one final time. In an Islamic state, non Muslim citizens
pay less taxes, and get all the rights and help. Any state needs financing.

Wasalamu Alaikum.
MSA of the University of Nebraska, Omaha.

                                     (

                                   (    )
       /     |   _  | | |        (        )             /     |   _  | | |
      /____  |  |_| | | |       |          |           /____  |  |_| | | |
  __|______| |    |_|_| |      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\      __|______| |    |_|_| |
_/  .                          ||||||||||||||    _/  .

                                              _/_