[rec.skydiving] Used Gear Suppliers.

ryoder@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert W Yoder) (11/19/90)

In article <QbFRloK00WB28R7m12@andrew.cmu.edu>, bb1v+@andrew.cmu.edu (Barry Lowell Brumitt) writes:
> Anyone have any experience with either "Ralph" in Eagle Creek OR, or with
> the Square 1 Parachute Sales and Service for buying used gear?
>
> Any good or bad stories? Advice?

Several years ago I needed to sell my Vector, due to having purchased a new one.
There was a real problem in finding a buyer for it since it was one of the
original V-1 vectors used by Mirror Image in winning the world meet, and there
aren't too many people looking for a medium sized harness with Swift-sized
main container.  As a last result, I shipped it off to Ralph to sell for me.
I was definitely nervous about sending it to someone I never heard of with
no money coming until it sold, but he came through.

If you are looking for used gear, I would say the 3 places to check are
classifieds in Parachutist and Skydiving, and Ralph.

--
Robert Yoder  306 Hawkins Graduate House, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (317)495-6845
Internet: ryoder@ecn.purdue.edu    "It's 10 o'clock.