[rec.skydiving] BASE - Bungee Update:

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (12/20/90)

Fido-To: all

Just returned from a visit with John and Peter Kockelman of Bungee
Adventures in San Francisco. Bungee Adventures has moved into its
third phase with the use of a 260-foot Hammerhead construction crane.

It looks impressive even folded up. The ultimate toy. 260-feet of portable
BASE jump. With real understanding neighbors you could put one in your
backyard.

The extended bungeefall possible with 100-foot bungees is a blast followed
by some outrageous rebounds. Both Moe Viletto and I followed that with two
BASE jumps each. The first we did using Buddy Assist. This is a popular
British method of deployment where your buddy holds your bridle and pilot
chute until line stretch. We were getting full bottom surface inflation in
less than 20-feet!

The next BASE jumps were freefalls. A 48-inch pilot chute, BASE rig, a half
second delay, (go-n-throw) and a Cruislite resulted in a four and half
second canopy ride.

We also made a side trip to Bixby Creek Bridge in Big Sur. See the next
issue of The FIXED OBJECT JOURNAL for the complete story.

Blue Skiesg Cranes
Nick

--- SLMAIL v1.36M  (#0339)
--- eecp 1.43 Beta LM2

 * Origin: ElectroShok Therapy it isn't just for breakfast anymore (1:202/412)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)