[rec.skydiving] Deland

zort@oak.circa.ufl.edu (02/27/91)

Does anyone know if they got the 150-way in Deland this past weekend?
Additionally, can anyone confirm or deny a rumor of a fatility during this
past weekend, also at Deland?

I hope the respective answers are yes and denied.

Avram Fox
         __
        ( 0)=o
        ----
       (ZORT)     "Yield to temptation it may not pass you again." L.L.
       (    )
       /  |  \

jerrys@mobby.umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) (02/27/91)

In article <00944D04.1360DC60@OAK.CIRCA.UFL.EDU> zort@oak.circa.ufl.edu writes:
>Does anyone know if they got the 150-way in Deland this past weekend?
>Additionally, can anyone confirm or deny a rumor of a fatility during this
>past weekend, also at Deland?

I heard the report of a fatality from the local Wash D.C. TVnews.
It supposedly occured on a "153" way (3 cameras I guess) but they did not
say if it was complete- only that it was an attempt to break the
144 way record.

Jerry

--
Domain: jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu		     Jerry Sobieski
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!jerrys		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland

In article <30756@mimsy.umd.edu>, jerrys@mobby.umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) writes:

>I heard the report of a fatality from the local Wash D.C. TVnews.
>It supposedly occured on a "153" way (3 cameras I guess) but they did not
>say if it was complete- only that it was an attempt to break the
>144 way record.
>
>Jerry

I just got the news from the camraman who was filming the man who died
this past weekend.  Apparently the man had sinus troubles and became
disoriented when he was caught in the burbble from about 140 people already
in the attempted 160-way.  He then fell into a woman in the formation and was
knocked unconcious.  Several people chased him to below 1000' but were unable
to catch him.  I don't think they ever got the world record.

Avram
         __
        ( 0)=o
        ----