[rec.skydiving] Oldest skydiver ever???

lenny@dhw68k.cts.com (Lenny DiCicco) (04/09/91)

	Did anyone see the blurb on the news last night about an 86 year old
lady in Florida making a tandem jump?  She is reported to be the oldest person
ever to skydive.  Comments???

lenny@dhw68k.cts.com

jerrys@mobby.umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr8.210534.13562@dhw68k.cts.com> lenny@dhw68k.cts.com (Lenny DiCicco) writes:

>	Did anyone see the blurb on the news last night about an 86 year old
>lady in Florida making a tandem jump?  She is reported to be the oldest person
>ever to skydive.  Comments???
>
>lenny@dhw68k.cts.com

As I recall, this was done 2 or 3 years ago.  She actually jumped into her
own birthday party!  It was tandem and was captured on film and is part
of the "Flight of the Dream Team" video.

Jerry
D7644

--
Domain: jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu		     Jerry Sobieski
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!jerrys		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland

mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Mike Spurgeon) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr8.210534.13562@dhw68k.cts.com>, lenny@dhw68k.cts.com (Lenny DiCicco) writes:

> 	Did anyone see the blurb on the news last night about an 86 year old
> lady in Florida making a tandem jump?  She is reported to be the oldest person
> ever to skydive.  Comments???

Chet Poland has been making tandem jumps for years.  He started when
he was 84, if I'm not mistaken, and is now 90.  The last I heard, he
had a hundred (once again, if I'm not mistaken).  Anyone that's been
jumping for a few years should know Chet.  Apparently the news outfit
doesn't.  What news was it on.  They should be set straight.

Mike Spurgeon
Internet: mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu