[rec.skydiving] Bungee deaths

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (04/18/91)

Fido-To: all

The following item is from Skydiving #118, April 1991:
Two leaders of a Metz, France, bungee-jumping club - Marc
Gapp and Bertrand Blancher - were arrested recently and
charged with "involuntary homicide" after a club member
was killed "when his bungee cord broke during a club-
supervised outing," reports Outside magazine.  The magazine
says the two men are the first to be charged under new
French laws governing the sport.

Would one of the readers who also subscribes to
"alt.sport.bungee" also cross post this, if it hasn't already
been discussed there.

 Fidonet:  Dave Appel at 1:231/30    I X.400 mail:
 Internet: dappel@ehsnet.fidonet.org I  COUNTRY = US
 US Mail:  POBox 24802,INDY,IN,46224 I  ADMD = WESTERN UNION
 Relaynet: Dave Appel at IBMNET      I  NAME = DAVID APPEL
 GEnie:    DAVE.APPEL                I  DDA TYPE = ELN
 Western Union:  ESL 6287-7725       I  DDA VALUE = 62877725

--- QuickBBS 2.66 (Eval)
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: SouthSide BBS HST powered from C to shining C (1:231/30)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)