[rec.skydiving] skydiving in ohio

ah0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Andrew A. Houghton) (04/16/91)

subject line pretty much says it all --

I'm getting some friends into skydiving, and the only place I know of
near to Pittsburgh is Canton, OH.   Canton air sports does a good job,
with a full day lesson and a jump, but their price is a little
ridiculous - $140, basic, with deductions (down to $100) depending on
how many people are in your group and whether you're a student or not.

So, is there anywhere else (safe)?

PLEASE E-MAIL ME;   I don't normally read this group.

- Andrew Houghton
(ah0i@andrew.cmu.edu)

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (04/21/91)

Fido-To: uiucuxc!andrew.cmu.edu!ah

In a message to Skydive <17 Apr 91 17:39> uiucuxc!andrew.cmu.edu!ah wrote:

> I'm getting some friends into skydiving, and the only place I know of
> near to Pittsburgh is Canton, OH.   Canton air sports does a good job,
> with a full day lesson and a jump, but their price is a little
> ridiculous - $140, basic, with deductions (down to $100) depending on
> how many people are in your group and whether you're a student or not.

 $140 for the first jump course is REASONABLE. $100 after student
discounts and group discounts is VERY reasonable.  I doubt you
will find a Drop Zone with USPA rated instructors for less.
You are going to trust those people with your life
(in a manner of speaking), do you really want to go with
the lowest bidder?

I've jumped there (Canton Air Sports) and I liked the people there.
I would recommend them.  You might also want to ask about
"TMI" which is USPA's "Tele-Membership and Insurance" program.
It covers you for your first 90 days of skydiving as a student.
It can cover you for any injuries that aren't covered or paid for by
any other group insurance you might have (through work, fer instance).

If the $140 price includes TMI, then it is a VERY good deal!

Blue skies.

--- XRS!% 4.10
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: The Drop Zone, Dave Appel, 1:231/30.30 (Quick 1:231/30.30)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)