[rec.skydiving] homemade rate of climb meter

<PHR76AS@TECHNION.BITNET> (05/13/91)

Do any of the skydivers like hobby electronics too?
I do, and I heard it is quite simple to built a rate of climb meter.
I was told that there is a simple but accurate solid state device that
measure the static pressure (I think it is manufactured by Philips)
and it is very chip. Once you have this device, all you need is
a simple differenciate circuit and you have the rate of climb meter.
Do anyone have any information about that device?
Thanks,
Amihai Silverman

tcliftonr@cc.curtin.edu.au (05/16/91)

In article <91133.095103PHR76AS@TECHNION.BITNET>, PHR76AS@TECHNION.BITNET writes:
> Do any of the skydivers like hobby electronics too?
> I do, and I heard it is quite simple to built a rate of climb meter.

> Do anyone have any information about that device?
> Amihai Silverman

Ask Bob Yoder (ryoder , ask around for the rest of his address)
has been designing a rip-snorter all altitudes solid state
device.  Who knows?  Perhaps he has built it already...

Roger Clifton  ... in the Bush.