[rec.skydiving] New York Jumping

lbr@clear.com (Lon Ricker) (05/07/91)

I'm going to be in New York (Manhattan) from May 15 (Wednesday)
to the 21st (Tuesday) for work.  Providing all goes well, I'm
planning to jump that weekend.  Does anyone have any suggestions
as to where to go/not go?

(I'll probably also call some of the places to get exact directions,
info, etc., but recommendations would be helpful.)

I'll probably rent a car Friday afternoon and drive to where ever
and then return Sunday afternoon.  According to the listing in
Parachutist, there seems to be places on Long Island, which
I think would be pretty neat.  Or should I plan to go to
the Ranch?   How about driving times from Mahattan/Newark (rental car
pick up)?  Suggestions of places to stay would be nice too.

(Anyone driving anywhere that would like a passanger/gas money?)

Extra info:
Own gear, 110 jumps, USPA member, have taken tests for A and B
license, now need water training and will take C, but don't have
numbers yet (hasn't been a problem at other places).  AND am willing
to buy that case of beer for my first jump at yet another DZ (this
traveling around jumping stuff gets expensive!)

Thanks in advance,

Lon Ricker
W (708) 317-2500
H (708) 913-9685
lbr@clrcom.com

ryoder@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert W Yoder) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May6.180221.16800@clear.com>, lbr@clear.com (Lon Ricker) writes:

> I'm going to be in New York (Manhattan) from May 15 (Wednesday)
> to the 21st (Tuesday) for work.  Providing all goes well, I'm
> planning to jump that weekend.  Does anyone have any suggestions
> as to where to go/not go?

Sure!  Don't miss the World Trade Center!

It is close to downtown Manhattan.
The lifts are free.
You can go up anytime without having to wait for enough jumpers to fill a load.
Night jumping is always available.

ryoder
-
When you think you know everything, they give you a Bachelor's degree.
When you realize you don't know anything, they give you a Master's degree.
When you realize no one else does either, they give you a PhD.

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (05/17/91)

Fido-To: uiucuxc!clear.com!lbr

United Parachute Club, home of the Herd, is 3 hours from NYC.
Callhotlall hotline at 215-323-8565 for special events.

--- QuickBBS 2.75 (Beta-11)
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Skydive Over Texas (512)873-9464 FIDO: (1:382/64)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)