[rec.skydiving] Balloon Jumping

bb1v+@andrew.cmu.edu (Barry Lowell Brumitt) (05/08/91)

Anyone know of anywhere within 8 hours of Pittsburgh doing balloon
(or helicopter) jumps this summer?

I'm talking anywhere from Chicago to NYC to Toronto to DC, as I'm willing
to travel a fairly good distance. (The place in Manitoba advertised in
Parachutist for the 6-8 June is a BIT too far.)

Blueskies,
Barry

jerrys@mobby.umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) (05/09/91)

In article <Yc9jjbG00WB2I7Ll9d@andrew.cmu.edu> bb1v+@andrew.cmu.edu (Barry Lowell Brumitt) writes:
>Anyone know of anywhere within 8 hours of Pittsburgh doing balloon
>(or helicopter) jumps this summer?
>
>I'm talking anywhere from Chicago to NYC to Toronto to DC, as I'm willing
>to travel a fairly good distance. (The place in Manitoba advertised in
>Parachutist for the 6-8 June is a BIT too far.)

I *believe* Chambersburg PA (AFF East) will be holding a "Chamber-Fest" cele-
bration in conjunction with the township.  They did last year and had balloon
jumps.  It is in early June I think.  You can call them at (717)264-1111.

Chambersburg is located on Interstate 81 just north of the Pennsylvania -
Maryland state line.  I think that is about 3 hours east of you.

Blue Skies
Jerry

--
Domain: jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu		     Jerry Sobieski
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!jerrys		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland

bleck@ai.mit.edu (Olaf Bleck) (05/14/91)

In article <Yc9jjbG00WB2I7Ll9d@andrew.cmu.edu>, bb1v+@andrew.cmu.edu (Barry Lowell Brumitt) writes:
|> Anyone know of anywhere within 8 hours of Pittsburgh doing balloon
|> (or helicopter) jumps this summer?

We were planning to do a balloon jump down in Pigeon Forge, TN this
spring when we went down there to do some tunnel flying, but it didn't
gell for some reason which I can't remember. $60 was the deal if I
recall, but they needed to be guaranteed a certian number of jumpers.

Pigeon Forge is right near Knoxville, probably just inside of 8 hrs from
Pittsburgh.

-Olaf
A-12241

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (05/17/91)

Fido-To: uiucuxc!andrew.cmu.edu!bb1v+

Charly O'Reilly in Quakertown, PA.  I should probably not post his
phone number, but send me a note in the mail and I'll give it to you.
Mike McNamara
22 Fox Hollow Rd
Voorhees, NJ 08043
BTW, we will be having Charly at the Herd this summer; dates to be
announced.  Call Herd hotline at 215-323-8565.

--- QuickBBS 2.75 (Beta-11)
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Skydive Over Texas (512)873-9464 FIDO: (1:382/64)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)

SKYDIVE@f15.n233.z1.FIDONET.ORG (SKYDIVE) (05/19/91)

Fido-To: mike mcnamara

In a message to uiucuxc!andrew.cmu.edu!bb <16 May 91 18:27> Mike Mcnamara wrote:

 MM> Charly O'Reilly in Quakertown, PA.  I should probably not post his
 MM> phone number, but send me a note in the mail and I'll give it to you.
 MM> Mike McNamara
 MM> 22 Fox Hollow Rd
 MM> Voorhees, NJ 08043
 MM> BTW, we will be having Charly at the Herd this summer; dates to be
 MM> announced.  Call Herd hotline at 215-323-8565.

Mike,
   Are you calling all the way from NJ to Texas to post this?
   There is at least one bbs in the NY/NJ area carrying the
SKYDIVE echo.  And *any* Fido bbs *may* carry the echo if you
ask the sysop nicely.  Have your local sysop contact Hector
Mandel at 1:233/13 for getting a link.

--- XRS!% 4.10
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: The Drop Zone, Dave Appel, 1:231/30.30 (Quick 1:231/30.30)
--
SKYDIVE - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)