[rec.skydiving] DZ Elevation

jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) (05/31/91)

Could someone please provide information on the landing elevation for
Eloy AZ?  I believe this is where the US Nationals will be held this year?
I am somewhat concerned about landing there under my PD150 as I need a
considerable amount of airspeed to land normally at 200-300' MSL.

Also, where is it (I.e. where does one "fly into" via commercial
air carrier)?  Is it outside Phoenix?

Jerry

--
Domain: jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu		     Jerry Sobieski
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!jerrys		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland

gtephx (Mark Wyzenbeek) (06/04/91)

In article <35068@mimsy.umd.edu>, jerrys@umiacs.umd.edu (Jerry Sobieski) writes:
> Could someone please provide information on the landing elevation for
> Eloy AZ?  I believe this is where the US Nationals will be held this year?
>
> Also, where is it (I.e. where does one "fly into" via commercial
> air carrier)?  Is it outside Phoenix?

Eloy is about 1500 MSL (1513 I think).

Eloy is about 60 miles south of Phoenix on I-10.  Flying into PHX is probably
the best.  Eloy is about half way between Phoenix and Tuscon so flying into
Tuscon might work but I don't know where the Tuscon airport is.
--
Mark Wyzenbeek
AG Communication Systems (formerly GTE CS), Phoenix, AZ