[rec.skydiving] Active skydivers in Australia

jason@cerberus.bhpese.oz.au (Jason Ifould) (05/29/91)

Myself and some friends are very new to the sport (ie Stage 3 AFF).
Just wondering if anyone could tell me...  how many active skydivers
are there in Australia ???   AND   What proportion of them are a) male
and b) female.

michi@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (Michael Henning) (06/06/91)

jason@cerberus.bhpese.oz.au (Jason Ifould) writes:

>Myself and some friends are very new to the sport (ie Stage 3 AFF).
>Just wondering if anyone could tell me...  how many active skydivers
>are there in Australia ???   AND   What proportion of them are a) male
>and b) female.

Here are some figures from the December 90 APF newsletter. 1989 figures
appear in brackets.

No. of jumpers				  1104  	  (1248  )
Total no. of jumps 1989/90		104005  	(114046  )
Total no. of mals 1989/90		   233  	   (285  )
Jumps/mals				   446  	   (400  )
Jumps/person				    94.2	    (91.4)
Mals/person				     0.215	     (0.228)

There were no figures about the male/female ratio. Why don't you give the
APF office a ring, they are usually very helpful.

							Michi.
--
      -m------- Michael Henning			+61 75 950255
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology		+61 75 522475 FAX