[rec.skydiving] Parachutes

NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET (06/21/91)

I can't find a parachute big enough to hold me, because I'm a really fat
bastard.

Any tips?

Regards Nick.

<NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET> (06/21/91)

my last posting maybe true but was not sent by me. I think that anyone who jump
s out of a perfectly good plane (whilst very high up) is out of his/her/its hea
d. Dont bother replying to this as i never read this section.

sorry i left my account logged in and let Ken Carter (soon unemployed Operator
- who is not worth employing) 'ave a go.

   Dont forget to count to 100 before pulling those cords....
                                          Nick

toad@athena.mit.edu (John P. Jackson) (06/22/91)

In article <91172.134300NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET> NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET writes:
>I can't find a parachute big enough to hold me, because I'm a really fat
>bastard.
>
>Any tips?
>
>Regards Nick.

	Yes, keep trying to become less fat.  Either that, or seriously,
I thought when you buy new gear that they build a rig to fit you?  You could
do that and maybe you could then buy a tandem rig canopy, whic is generally
meant to carry twice as much weight as a regular canopy.

yzarn@lhdsy1.chevron.com (Philip Yzarn de Louraille) (06/24/91)

In article <91172.134300NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET> NGODFREY@ESOC.BITNET writes:
>I can't find a parachute big enough to hold me, because I'm a really fat
>bastard.
>
>Any tips?
Contact some canopy manufacturers. After all they make recovery
parachutes for all sorts of things (jeeps, tanks, rockets,....)
Then again, maybe this is not the sport for you?
Good luck!
--
  Philip Yzarn de Louraille                 Internet: yzarn@chevron.com
  Research Support Division                 Unix & Open Systems