[rec.skydiving] freefall simulator source code

tcliftonr@cc.curtin.edu.au (06/28/91)

In article <1006@lhdsy1.chevron.com>, yzarn@lhdsy1.chevron.com (Philip Yzarn de Louraille) writes:

> This said, I have a computer model for freefall but it is *only* valid
> in the troposphere (ground to the altitude where the temperature stops
> decreasing linearly [Standard Atmosphere model]). I can modify the
> program (and I will) but it will take some times to make sure of its validity.
> Once done, (several weeks from now?) I will post my numbers and we will
> be able to start this all over again! Yahoo.

For heavens sakes, you guys, get the simulator from me and put in some
mileage on it.  (Philip already has a copy)  It is valid for the
stratosphere as well as the troposphere, but it is as I said, subsonic.

(Please don't modify it! It has been endlessly debugged already.
I send out the source code so it can be emailed on understanding that it
is not altered.  If it is to be trusted, it must be standardised.)

There is plenty to be learnt using it.  Let's all interested parties get
a standard version and post abreviated graphs with their data files
appended for further study.  It is a research tool; let's use it.

Roger Clifton