[alt.romance] What to use for a Good Body Massage?

caa@midgard.Midgard.MN.ORG (Charles A Anderson) (01/16/90)

Find a store which sells massage oil.  Don't go to someplace like spencers and
buy love oil.  I know somewhat about what I am saying since my hands still
smell like jasmine from the oil I just used on my girlfriend.  I've found that
almond oil makes a very good base, that doesn't get sticky.  (The oil I was
using tonight was almond oil with some jasmine oil as fragrance.)

You could try calling some local massage parlors (real ones) to find out if
they can give you any pointers towards whats good and where you can get it.
--
/-Charles-Anderson-\      caa@midgard.mn.org || (backbone)!bungia!midgard!caa
\------------------/  caa@garnet.ssd.cdc.com || (backbone)!shamash!garnet!caa

jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (01/17/90)

FOOR@kcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Dean Foor) wrote:

> I'm going to be speading some time with my girlfriend, of whom
> I rarely get to see, next weekend. And I wanted to make it
> something special. I would like to start out by giving her a
> nice back/body massage. But, My question is with what?

Try almond oil.  You can add other stuff (like rose or tangerine oil) to
scent it.  Don't buy a lot at a time as it goes off.  All pharmacists
here sell it; dunno where you'd get it in the US, though.

--
Jack Campin  *  Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, SCOTLAND.    041 339 8855 x6044 wk  041 556 1878 ho

ciekansk@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jennifer Ciekanski) (01/17/90)

If you're looking for a body oil with a nice smell, try Neutrogena Body Oil.
It has a very light, pleasant scent.

-Jennifer

sfisher@abingdon.sgi.com (Scott Fisher) (01/17/90)

In article <3906@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> FOOR@kcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Dean Foor) writes:

>	I'm going to be speading some time with my girlfriend, of whom
>	I rarely get to see, next weekend. And I wanted to make it
>	something special. I would like to start out by giving her a
>	nice back/body massage. But, My question is with what? I've
>	heard of using Virgin Olive Oil and that doesn't sound
>	especially romantic.

Well, it depends on how much you like Italian food. :-)
Seriously, extra-virgin olive oil is a good massage oil
as far as its ingredients, its lubricating characteristics,
and its safety in case you decide to, ahem, nibble on
anything later on, but you might not want to spend the
rest of the evening with someone who smells like a
pasta salad.

>How about some ideas? Thanx.

Good ol' Vaseline Intensive Care body lotion has a very
good feel and makes the skin feel nice and soft.  Last
night was "skin night" at our house -- we have noticed
that We're Not As Young As We Used To Be, so one night
(or more) a week is Skin Night.  For us, we started by
giving one another a bath, scrubbing each other's feet
and backs and all the parts that feel sooooo good when
someone who cares about you rubs them with a nice scrubby
washcloth.  Then, with the skin all clean and moist, we
doused one another with the emollients.  I got rubbed
with the Vaseline Intensive Care, but Kim got to try a
new acquisition (a gift from my sister, who works for
Estee Lauder): White Linen body creme.  It has a pleasant
aroma and feels very nice.

One touch: it's winter, even in California, and we've
noticed that it *really* helps to warm the massage cream
(or oil) before using it.  Immersing it in hot tap water
for a few minutes should do the trick.  (Kim, who didn't
think it was worth doing the first time I did it, really
missed it last night, but we had pretty much run out of
hot water... we joke that if she put a lobster in the bath
with her, we could cook dinner while she was cleaning up.)

In a pinch, though, you can always just rub her down with
your bare hands.  Skin on skin is nice enough...