[alt.romance] PDA

cthulhu@claris.com (Paul T.S. Lee) (01/19/90)

From article <11988@cs.yale.edu>, by bloom-debbie@CS.YALE.EDU (Debbie Bloom):
> For a somewhat related question, anyone like to voice their opinions/comments
> on PDA (Public Display of Affection) for an SO?

As much as I may be embarrassed by certain spontaneous displays, that is a
personal problem.  The only people I've ever known to actually complain
about it were either school officials or someone who was jealous (either of
an "offending" party member or of their state of bliss) or both.  My
general response to those people is:  Cope!

I imagine that someone who grew up in an enviroment where physical
affection is common wouls be less likely to have any qualms about it.

Anyone else?

> 							|arpa:
> "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend...       | bloom-debbie@
> 							|  cs.yale.edu
>  ...Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."	 	|bitnet:
> 							| bloom@yalevm.bitnet
> -Groucho Marx						|   :^)

Paul Tien-Shih Lee              |cthulhu@claris.com
Claris Corporation, SQA Division|{ames,apple,sun,portal,voder}claris!cthulhu
Disclaimer: Dis is my claimer.  |AppleLink: CLARIS.SQA
If Claris wants one, it can get |America Online (ALPE):Paul Lee
its own.  All hail Discordia!   |(coming soon to a network near you)

cooleyra@clutx.clarkson.edu (Pixel,,,) (01/19/90)

> From article <11988@cs.yale.edu>, by bloom-debbie@CS.YALE.EDU (Debbie Bloom):
> For a somewhat related question, anyone like to voice their opinions/comments
> on PDA (Public Display of Affection) for an SO?

I think it's fine!  A friend of mine said one major reason she broke up with
her boyfriend was for 'little' things: he stopped saying he loved her, he
wouldn't hold her hand in public, and so on.

I hold my ladyfriend's hand in public...it's always struck me as a pretty cool
gesture:  just another small way to say you care about someone a lot.  Kissing
or hugging in public is also fine with me:)

And I also: ***HOLD DOORS*** for her...(bringing back a dead, buried, gone and
better off forgotten subject:) )--she seems to like it.

Anybody else wanna share their ideas of what makes a PDA?

Pixel          cooleyra@clutx.  clarkson.edu | bitnet
"Keep the wind in your solar sails..." --Glenn Clapp
"here log (ln) changes to a different log (log)" (no reason given) --A.Fokas
Disclaimer: opinions==mine; me<>cct

spacey@bu-pub.bu.edu (Eva Chan) (01/19/90)

PDA? :-)
It took me a while before I would feel comfortable about it.  But even now
I still feel some modesty about giving my SO a kiss in a public place, but
I dont mind if it was subtle and if it was not in a very crowded place.

Hand holding I dont mind and I welcome it from him always.  To me it shows
that special bond we have. :-)  Sometimes I'll wrap my arm around my waste
if it was convenient. :-)  And I really dont mind hugging in public either.
:-)

Well, that's what I think of PDA :-D

--
Eva Chan
spacey@bu-pub.bu.edu  (e-mail is always appreciated)

dnye@bbn.com (DavE Nye) (01/19/90)

In article <1990Jan19.032457.9575@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> cooleyra@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>> From article <11988@cs.yale.edu>, by bloom-debbie@CS.YALE.EDU (Debbie Bloom):
>> For a somewhat related question, anyone like to voice their opinions/comments
>> on PDA (Public Display of Affection) for an SO?

[= Line Eater Was Here!! =]

>I hold my ladyfriend's hand in public...it's always struck me as a pretty cool
>gesture:  just another small way to say you care about someone a lot.  Kissing
>or hugging in public is also fine with me:)

	My romantic partner and I do this quite often, as a matter of fact
it is hard to keep us from not holding hands and stealing kisses.  We often
say later how we made so and so sick from our PDA.  I usually smile and say
"Yes, I know...Terrible wasn't it.." and laugh.  I think if your are not
all over eachother like a 'Cheap Suit' and be as tasteful as possible you
should be fine, and if you make others stare it is because they are probably
lonely or they are just not used to it, but I find that hard to believe in
todays society.

>And I also: ***HOLD DOORS*** for her...(bringing back a dead, buried, gone and
>better off forgotten subject:) )--she seems to like it.

	I try to hold the door open for anyone if there are people coming in
the door right behind me and I reach it first I automaticaly hold it.  This
action really dumbfounded my romantic partner when we first met as she was
not used to such treatment.  She loves it alot.

-=TheEvilOne

===   =========   =======================  dnye@bbn.com      The Evil Empire  =
===         ===         ===         =====  dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net          =
===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   =====  BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.        =
===         ===         ===   ===   =Inc=  Employers computer, MY opinion..   =