[alt.sources.wanted] i'd like to get MINIX

wsinrn@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Rob J. Nauta) (11/13/89)

Hello

I'd like to get MINIX for my computer. Could someone please tell me where
to get it ? important: i cannot use FTP. I'd like to get the latest version,
not version 1.0 and a dozen consecutive patches.

thanks

Rob

woan@peyote.cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan) (11/13/89)

In article <1260@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl>, wsinrn@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Rob J. Nauta) writes:
> I'd like to get MINIX for my computer. Could someone please tell me where
> to get it ? important: i cannot use FTP. I'd like to get the latest version,
> not version 1.0 and a dozen consecutive patches.

I believe that Minix is not being distributed over the net this way, and you
can order the program at you nearest bookstore. It is being published by
Prentice Hall or one of the other big publishing companies. Patches and
programs for Minix; however, can be found on the net...

						Ron
+ Ronald S. Woan       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmaus!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ second choice:                                     woan@peyote.cactus.org +

harrys@tons61.UUCP (Harry Skelton) (11/16/89)

.
.I believe that Minix is not being distributed over the net this way, and you
.can order the program at you nearest bookstore. It is being published by
.Prentice Hall or one of the other big publishing companies. Patches and
.programs for Minix; however, can be found on the net...
.

You can get the "patched" sources from various archive sites. I believe that
the Minix server has "upgraded" versions of Minix with patches ... but I could
be wrong.  I have to agree with Ron that to get the latest and greatest, you'll
have to purchase it from PH.
--
Harry Skelton - Senior Systems Administrator - U.S. Dept. of Transportation
   ..!attctc!tons61!harrys ..!obdient!tons61!harrys ..!tfd!tons61!harrys