[alt.sources.wanted] MNP emulation via software for PC

logex@altger.UUCP (logex) (12/12/89)

Hi all netlanders:

A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.

I got a reply, and i received thru email (uuencoded), an
ARC file of a program to do such a job.

Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
the email address of the person who send me the file.

If you have such a program, or if you can send a copy
of it thru email (uuencoded) to me, i'd appreciate it
a lot.

By the way, the non MNP modem is a hayes 1200B internal
PC modem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

	   Edward.  logex@altger.UUCP

gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov (Robert Michael Gutierrez) (12/14/89)

In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
[...]
>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>the email address of the person who send me the file.

Can somebody send me this file also. I'd appreciate it.

| Robert Gutierrez -- NSI Network Ops Center <gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov> |
| NASA Science Internet Project, Bldg 233-8, Moffett Field, CA. 94035-5000 |
|  "Pain....will you return it....I say it again....PAIN!" (Depeche Mode)  |

macy@fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) (12/17/89)

In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>Hi all netlanders:
>
>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
>
>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>the email address of the person who send me the file.

I, too, have a need for such a program, preferably C source.
If you have such a program, or if you can send a copy
of it thru email (uuencoded) to me, i'd appreciate it
a lot.

 Macy M. Hallock, Jr.     macy@NCoast.ORG         uunet!aablue!fmsystm!macy
  F M Systems, Inc.      {uunet!backbone}!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
 150 Highland Drive      Voice: +1 216 723-3000 Ext 251  Fax: +1 216 723-3223
Medina, Ohio 44256 USA   Cleveland:273-3000 Akron:239-4994 (Dial 251 at tone)