[alt.sources.wanted] MNP emulation software for non MNP modems

logex@altger.UUCP (logex) (12/16/89)

I wrote:

>> Hi all netlanders:
>>
>> A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>> communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
>>
>> I got a reply, and i received thru email (uuencoded), an
>> ARC file of a program to do such a job.
>>
>> Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>> the email address of the person who send me the file.

----simon@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au  replied:

        It's available for anon-ftp from a site in the us. I can
dig up the name if you need it.

        Simon Hackett
        Adelaide Uni
        South Australia

-----I write again:

Simon, due to mailing problems to your host, and because i have
receieved lots of inquieres about forwarding a copy of this softwe
could you post, and mail me; if possible; such ftp address.

I can ftp the program, uuencode it and post it to the net.

Thanks for your reply.  Cheers.

		Edward.

		logex@altger.UUCP
		logex@chinet.UUCP

logex@altger.UUCP (logex) (12/19/89)

(again), I wrote:

In article <2152@altger.UUCP>, logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:

> I wrote:
>
> >> Hi all netlanders:
> >>
> >> A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
> >> communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
> >>
> >> I got a reply, and i received thru email (uuencoded), an
> >> ARC file of a program to do such a job.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>> the email address of the person who send me the file.

The program i received, as i mentioned before, was for an
MSDOS machine, i had the opportunity to test it with MNP 5
modems and a Hayes 1200-B internal modem (non MNP).

I tested the program with MICROCOM and with Traiblazer 2500+ modems,
both of them with MNP..

It all worked fine, i had no single problem emulating the MNP stuff
with software.

I had received many mails, telling me that MNP is a synchronus only
protocol, i won't discuss this, but ijust want to mention that using
the modems i mentioned above it all worked fine.

The executable file was named MTE.EXE (as far as i remember).

If i receive the file again, i will uuencode it, and post it to
the net.

Thanks to all who have replied to my post.

Edward.

		logex@altger.UUCP
 		logex@chinet.UUCP

dpz@convex.com (David Paul Zimmerman) (12/24/89)

>The executable file was named MTE.EXE (as far as i remember).

Sounds like the MTE program I saw advertised as bundled with the Intel 2400
modem.  It may be illegal to distribute it as you'd like to, unless it says
share/free/pdware somewhere in its banners.

David Paul Zimmerman                                             dpz@convex.com
CONVEX Computer Corp                                                 convex!dpz