[alt.sources.wanted] How to get sources if I dont have ftp ?

atluri@dtg.nsc.com (Venkata R. Atluri) (03/01/90)

Hello Netters!

I want to get some unix sources,but I dont have ftp at my site.
Is there any other way I can get the sources? ( ex: I can use
LISTSERV to get binaries for IBM PC). Any Info on such a facility
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--atluri

my email id:atluri@dtg.nsc.com.

tmm@hp-sdd.hp.com (Tim McDonough) (03/01/90)

In article <707@berlioz.nsc.com> atluri@dtg.nsc.com (Venkata R. Atluri) writes:
>Hello Netters!
>
>I want to get some unix sources,but I dont have ftp at my site.
>Is there any other way I can get the sources? ( ex: I can use
>LISTSERV to get binaries for IBM PC). Any Info on such a facility
>would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--atluri
>
>my email id:atluri@dtg.nsc.com.

Why not try using the mail based server: bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu

Try sending to this address with the body of the letter containing HELP
to get the help file.  This server seems to know about all mapped sites, but
you can include a Reply-To: line in your mail header for extra security.

                    -Tim
Hewlett Packard - SDD                                    Timothy M. McDonough
16399 W. Bernardo Drive                                  1350 N. Esc. Blvd. #40
San Diego, CA 92127          tmm@hp-sdd.sdd.hp.com       Escondido, CA 92026
(619) 592-8657            uunet!hp-sdd.sdd.hp.com!tmm    (619) 489-7863