[alt.sources.wanted] Source for BASIC in C?

tim@proton.amd.com (Tim Olson) (06/05/90)

Yeah, I know -- UGH. Anyway, someone has requested this, and I
offered to help find out any information.  Does anyone know of any
source for a BASIC interpreter or compiler, written in C?  The source
does not have to be public domain or freely-redistributable, but that
would be best.

	aTdHvAaNnKcSe

	-- Tim Olson
	Advanced Micro Devices
	(tim@amd.com)

shurr@cbnews.att.com (Larry A. Shurr) (06/06/90)

In article <1990Jun4.201029.3072@mozart.amd.com> tim@proton.amd.com (Tim Olson) writes:
>Yeah, I know -- UGH. Anyway, someone has requested this, and I
>offered to help find out any information.  Does anyone know of any
>source for a BASIC interpreter or compiler, written in C?  The source
>does not have to be public domain or freely-redistributable, but that
>would be best.

If memory serves, there was one posted to the old misc.sources group (now
that's a long time ago!) by someone named Phil Cockcroft.  You might want
to try perusing a comp.sources.unix (successor to misc.sources) archive.
In fact...

I just had a look at a listing of files in the comp.sources.unix archives
on osu-cis, a.k.a. saquarra.ohio-state.edu, and found some files called
basic.1, basic.2, basic.3, etc... in volume 2 and another set in volume 7.
I don't have the files here to look them over, so I don't know if they're
what you're looking for, but it looks intriguing.

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbnmva!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbnmva!las)
My psuedo-Burma Shave .signature has served me long and well and has been