[alt.sources.wanted] I'm sorry Dave... Where do I get my fingers on 2001/2010-soundtracks?

andrew@ambush.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) (06/03/90)

I'm looking for tracks like "I'm sorry Dave - I'm afraid I can't do
that!" preferably digital sampled (8096 samples per second, 8 bit,
A-law or u-law-companding (for a Sun Sparc1)) but real recordings is
also OK if you have the number of the record/tape/disk.

Thank you in advance

Leif Andrew

Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Stroedamvej 50, DK-2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
UUCP: andrew@ambra.dk, phone: +45 39 27 11 77                /
Currently at Scandinavian Airline Systems                =======/
UUCP: andrew@resam.dk, phone: +45 32 32 22 79                \
SAS, RESAM Project Office, CPHML-V, P.O.BOX 150, DK-2770 Kastrup, Denmark

wiml@blake.acs.washington.edu (William Lewis) (06/07/90)

In article <2191@ambush.dk> andrew@ambush.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) writes:
>I'm looking for tracks like "I'm sorry Dave - I'm afraid I can't do
>that!" preferably digital sampled (8096 samples per second, 8 bit,
>A-law or u-law-companding (for a Sun Sparc1)) but real recordings is
>also OK if you have the number of the record/tape/disk.

   There's a fair number of NeXT soundfiles available via anonymous FTP
from csus.edu, mostly of HAL saying things ("Everything is going
extremely well...").  I think most ofthem are 8-KHz u-law,
though there may be a few 20KHz or 44KHz linear files in there.
From what I hear the Sun and NeXT sound formats are similar enough
aside from the header to be interchangeable.

--
JESUS SAVES   |  wiml@blake.acs.washington.edu       Seattle, Washington
but Clones 'R' Us makes backups!  |  47 41' 15" N   122 42' 58" W