[alt.sources.wanted] GIF Printing

Tony R. Marasco <TRM900@psuvm.psu.edu> (08/02/90)

Thanks to all who helped me locate a GIF viewer for AIX...

Now that I have that, is there a way to print GIF files?  I'd prefer if
the program ran on IBM-PC, but AIX will do.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated!
-------
| Tony Marasco                 |  "Questions are a burden for others.     |
| Penn State University        |   Answers are a prison for oneself."     |
| Schuylkill Haven, PA 17976   |     - The Prisoner                       |
| trm900@psuvm.psu.edu   - or - -  %s!psuvax1!psuvm.BITNET!trm900         |

flint@gistdev.gist.com (Flint Pellett) (08/04/90)

TRM900@psuvm.psu.edu (Tony R. Marasco) writes:

>Thanks to all who helped me locate a GIF viewer for AIX...

>Now that I have that, is there a way to print GIF files?  I'd prefer if
>the program ran on IBM-PC, but AIX will do.  Any help will be greatly
>appreciated!

One way is just to use your viewer to get the GIF image on the screen,
and then use some other screen print program (I use pizazz on my PC)
to print the screen.  That also happens to be one way to convert GIF
images to other forms like Ventura, Microsoft Word formats or TIFF, since
Pizazz can capture the screen into any of those formats as well as
send it to the printer.  Another nice thing about Pizazz is that if you
only want to print part of the picture they let you crop it before printing.
I don't know if it will handle images larger than VGA resolutions though:
at least I haven't been able to get it to work yet.
--
Flint Pellett, Global Information Systems Technology, Inc.
1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, IL  61874     (217) 352-1165