[alt.sources.wanted] compress uuencode for MS-DOS

hk@simulina.se (H}kan K{llberg) (09/22/90)

I need a little help. Some time ago somebody asked for the same
that I do now, uuencode uudecode compress uncompress for MS-DOS.
Some days later he thanked everyone that answered and said that
he had got what he wanted. But he did'nt summarize! I wrote him
but he didn't answer. There can be some mail problem. I may have
missed a summary. Net result - I don't have it! So, sorry to
disturb you again folks. But, please, can you provide me with
a place where I can get it. If there is a mail server somewhere
that has it, that would be very good, or if someone can mail it
to me directly.

Thanks in advance:		Hakan

roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (09/24/90)

mike@mdd.UUCP (Michael Sorensen) writes:

> hk@simulina.se (H}kan K{llberg) writes:
>
> >I need a little help. Some time ago somebody asked for the same
> >that I do now, uuencode uudecode compress uncompress for MS-DOS.
[...]

> Here is a complete startkit, and sources to uud and uue.
> Here is the startkit. The uud.c on line 1145 and uue.c on line 1719.
[...]
> The following files are contained in this file, but in plain text format.
>
>            DEZIP v2.0, ARCE v4.0, LOOZ v2.1a, UUDECODE v4.02

(79k of file deleted)

While I can sympathize with the intent of the poster and his wish to
help, I can't help but point out that the original request was for
uu*code and compress. This starter kit (which I have seen posted twice,
now, to different groups) does not contain compress, but does contain 3
other, unrelated, utils. It also contains source for both uuencode and
uudecode, where only uudecode source would be appropriate (if at all).

#define GRUMBLE
Please... if you wish to help, _mail_ this file (after asking the
intended recipient) instead of posting it. As a response to the query
you quoted, it is about 75% useless, and you have wasted my news spool
space twice with it. (not to mention you assume the intended recipient
has a C compiler)
#undef GRUMBLE
--
Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu  |+| #define opinions ALL_MINE;
main(){float x=1;x=x/50;printf("It's only $%.2f, but it's my $%.2f!\n",x,x);}