be in assembler or C and if its in C I'd prefer that it compile with
Turbo C++.  If anyone has such a thing will you please email it to
me or let me know where I can find it?  Thanks in advance!
--
Mike Lawler         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mdlawler
                    ARPA:  mdlawler@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/11/90)

In article <12035@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mdlawler@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael D. Lawler) writes:

>In light of the rescent posting of atob to comp.binaries.ibm.pc I'm
>looking for a version of btoa for MS-DOS.  I'd like for it to either
>be in assembler or C and if its in C I'd prefer that it compile with
... rest deleted ...

This is only a partial answer to this question.  There seems to be a
btoa.exe in the /pc/pd2/dantools.zip collection.  No source code, it
appears, and it dates back to 1987.  If someone has something more
current, perhaps with sources, we would gladly put it up at uwasa.fi
for general upload.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

jpr@jpradley.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (11/11/90)

In article <1990Nov10.211028.5021@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
>In article <12035@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mdlawler@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael D. Lawler) writes:
>>
>>In light of the rescent posting of atob to comp.binaries.ibm.pc I'm
>>looking for a version of btoa for MS-DOS.  I'd like for it to either
>>be in assembler or C and if its in C I'd prefer that it compile with
>... rest deleted ...
>
>This is only a partial answer to this question.  There seems to be a
>btoa.exe in the /pc/pd2/dantools.zip collection.  No source code, it
>appears, and it dates back to 1987.  If someone has something more
>current, perhaps with sources, we would gladly put it up at uwasa.fi
>for general upload.

I will forward you the sources for Compress, version 4.3d, which was developed
on the UnixForum of CompuServe. Btoa/atob source is part of it.
This compress suite has makefiles for unix, xenix, os2, and dos.

This will arrive in shell-shark format, self-decompressing under *nix.

 Jean-Pierre Radley          HIGH-Q	     jpr@jpradley	CIS: 72160,1341