[alt.sources.wanted] neural networks/AI simulations

andreess@mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) (12/11/90)

Are there any interesting neural network PD (Unix or VMS) simulations
out there?  Pointers to anything (natural language recognition, sensory
simulation, whatever) would be greatly appreciated...

Marc

--
Marc Andreessen___University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
__________________andreessen@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu______________________

dcurtis@crc.ac.uk (Dr. David Curtis) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec10.225126.27724@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> andreess@mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) writes:
>Are there any interesting neural network PD (Unix or VMS) simulations
>out there?  Pointers to anything (natural language recognition, sensory
>simulation, whatever) would be greatly appreciated...

"Explorations in parallel distributed processing" by McClelland and
Rumelhart is good, and comes with C source for a number of network
simulations. It's targeted for DOS but I don't think it would be hard to
port. There are I think three volumes, and the disks come with volume 3.
Published by MIT Press.

Dave Curtis

Academic Department of Psychiatry,    Janet:       dc@UK.AC.UCL.SM.PSYCH
Middlesex Hospital,                   Elsewhere:   dc@PSYCH.SM.UCL.AC.UK
Mortimer Street, London W1N 8AA.      EARN/Bitnet: dc%PSYCH.SM.UCL@UKACRL
Tel 081-380 9475 Fax 081-323 1459     Usenet: ...!mcsun!ukc!mrccrc!D.Curtis

gram@uctcs.uucp (Graham Wheeler) (12/13/90)

I have a book at home, whose title and authors I don't recall exactly.
The title is (I think) `Explorations in Parallel Distributed Processing',
and it is published by MIT Press. It includes two floppy disks containing
IBM PC binaries, and C source code, for the various systems described in the
book. It looks like a very good place to start exploring neural network
related cognitive models.

Sorry I can't be more specific...

Graham Wheeler		      |	"Don't bother me,
Data Network Architectures Lab|		I'm reading a `Crisis'!"
Dept. of Computer Science     | Internet: <gram.uctcs@f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org>
University of Cape Town       |     BANG: <...uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!uctcs!gram>