[alt.sources.wanted] Wanted: ksh

sudweeks@megatest.UUCP (Bruce Sudweeks) (01/11/91)

I would like to get hold of the sources for ksh(1). I have been using ksh
for quite some time on a sun3 with only minor problems. I recompiled the
sources for a sparc and discovered a number of problems:

	1> The vi command line editing didn't work
	2> When "exec -ksh" was run, the .profile file was not auto-sourced
	3> Also had problems when something like "cd > /dev/null" was executed.
	   From then on, I lost all stdout (I think it was going to /dev/null).

	Thanx.

		- Bruce Sudweeks -
		sun!megatest!sudweeks

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (01/12/91)

sudweeks@megatest.UUCP (Bruce Sudweeks) writes:

>I would like to get hold of the sources for ksh(1). I have been using ksh
>for quite some time on a sun3 with only minor problems. I recompiled the
>sources for a sparc and discovered a number of problems:

Call AT&T ToolChest.  Save time by cutting a PO for $3,000 plus $50 for
transmission costs.  Inquire to tcadmin@pluto.att.com .  Upgrade from a
previous license is cheaper.

# AT&T ToolChest Machine
# AT&T UNIX System Laboratories, Inc., P.O. Box 65080, Charlotte, NC, 28265
# ToolChest browsing/ordering: 201-522-6900 (1200/2400), 201-522-3363 (TB+)
# Login as "guest".

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910

lvc@cbnews.att.com (Lawrence V. Cipriani) (01/16/91)

In article <14831@megatest.UUCP> sudweeks@megatest.UUCP (Bruce Sudweeks) writes:
>I would like to get hold of the sources for ksh(1). I have been using ksh
>for quite some time on a sun3 with only minor problems. I recompiled the
>sources for a sparc and discovered a number of problems:

Which is it, do you have the source or not?

What version of ksh are you using?  Use the commands:

	$ set -o emacs	# if you're not in emacs mode
	$ ^V	# that's control-V
	$ set -o vi	# if you want to go to vi mode

and you should get something like:

	Version 11/16/88d

>	1> The vi command line editing didn't work

Please be more specific.

>	2> When "exec -ksh" was run, the .profile file was not auto-sourced

It's not supposed to be auto-sourced; however the ENV file is sourced.

>	3> Also had problems when something like "cd > /dev/null" was executed.
>	   From then on, I lost all stdout (I think it was going to /dev/null).

Works for me.

11/16/88f ksh should be available late January '91; I'll post a note when
it's available.
--
Larry Cipriani, att!cbvox!lvc or lvc@cbvox.att.com
"I just love the smell of gunpowder!" - Bugs Bunny