[alt.sources.wanted] Epoch Sources

john@mantis.co.uk (John Brimacombe) (01/30/91)

I want to get hold of the sources for epoch, the X version of gnuEmacs,
so that I can install it on a Sun Sparcstation IPC. Does anyone know
where they are available.

carroll@cs.uiuc.edu (Alan M. Carroll) (02/01/91)

Current Epoch sources are available via anon FTP to cs.uiuc.edu
(128.174.252.1), in ~ftp/pub/epoch-files/epoch. The full distribution
plus various sub parts (the Elisp code, the manual in various forms)
are available, but no binaries. The current version is 3.2, with 1
patch.  We run Epoch on Sparc IPC's, under SunOS 4.1 (among other
platforms).

You can get on the Epoch mailing list by sending a request to
epoch-request@cs.uiuc.edu. Technical questions can be addressed to
epoch@cs.uiuc.edu.

--
Alan M. Carroll                "I hate shopping with the reality-impaired"
Epoch Development Team                 - Susan

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (02/01/91)

john@mantis.co.uk (John Brimacombe) writes:

>I want to get hold of the sources for epoch, the X version of gnuEmacs,
>so that I can install it on a Sun Sparcstation IPC. Does anyone know
>where they are available.

since you're in the UK, i'd recommend to ftp unido.informatik.uni-dortmund.de,
gnu/emacs-news/epoch/*. dunno if they have epoch-3.2 already, but have a
look. of course you can also uucp it from me if you're rich :-)
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: