[alt.sources.wanted] HP-GL to Postscript converter - does it exist?

wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) (02/14/91)

I am looking for some utility (source or binary or both) to convert
HP-GL files to Postscript. Specifically I want to print it on a
Apple Laserwriter IINTX.

I can accomodate M(es)SDOS, Unix V/386, Macintosh and Atari ST versions.

All help appreciated
 |   / o / /  _   Wilko Bulte   Domain: wilko@idca.tds.philips.nl
 |/|/ / / /( (_)                uucp  : [mcsun,hp4nl]!philapd!wilko
* Philips Information Systems Nederland   phone:  055-432372 fax: 055-432103

nelson@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (J. Nelson Howell) (02/14/91)

In article <1120@idcapd.idca.tds.philips.nl> wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) writes:
>I am looking for some utility (source or binary or both) to convert
>HP-GL files to Postscript. Specifically I want to print it on a
>Apple Laserwriter IINTX.
>
>I can accomodate M(es)SDOS, Unix V/386, Macintosh and Atari ST versions.
>
>All help appreciated

I have in my grubby little hands (terminal?) a copy of hpgl2ps.  I will
make it available via anon. ftp on midas.mgmt.purdue.edu (128.210.1.3).
I got it just recently, and it seems to work pretty well.

Nelson Howell
--

J. Nelson Howell                       | System Programmer
nelson@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu  Internet | Krannert Graduate School of Management

wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb14.151833.29847@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu> nelson@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (J. Nelson Howell) writes:
>In article <1120@idcapd.idca.tds.philips.nl> wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) writes:
>>I am looking for some utility (source or binary or both) to convert
>>HP-GL files to Postscript. Specifically I want to print it on a
>>Apple Laserwriter IINTX.

>I have in my grubby little hands (terminal?) a copy of hpgl2ps.  I will
>make it available via anon. ftp on midas.mgmt.purdue.edu (128.210.1.3).
>I got it just recently, and it seems to work pretty well.
>
>J. Nelson Howell                       | System Programmer
>nelson@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu  Internet | Krannert Graduate School of Management

I received several e-mail messages indicating that this hpgl2ps utility
is also available for an-FTP at:

       swedishchef.lerc.nasa.gov [139.88.54.33]
       in pub/image/conversion/hpgl2ps.tar.Z         (thanks Jeff!)

I fetched it from this system and it works well on this Unix/V box, at
least on the included test files.

Thanks to the kind souls who sent me their helpful hints