[alt.sources.wanted] English Text Generators

noah%bucrf18.bu.edu@ICS.UCI.EDU (Noah Group) (02/18/91)

From: noah@atmos.bu.edu (Noah Group)
Newsgroups: comp.sources.wanted,alt.sources.wanted
Subject: English Text Generators
Expires:

I am looking for any semantic and syntactic processing programs
or datafiles. Such things as irregular verb lists, rhyming
dictionaries, thesauruses, and the like are all of interest to
me. Basically I would like anything pertaining to the manipulation
AND/OR simulation and generation of English grammar and
conversation.

Of particular interest to me are the following source codes
(original or remake):

                  Ractor
                  Eliza

I have found a few interesting things on uunet.uu.net. There is a
travesty generator there. JIVE is simple but nice. There is a
program for generating puns that I liked very much. There were a
few other programs, but I could not find anything very elaborate,
and I could not find Eliza or Ractor. Also, I couldn't find any
interesting raw data files, except for those used in the
previously mentioned programs.

If there is a place they can be FTP'd from then please Email me
the addresses. I will post a summary of good FTP sites for these
programs. Or if you have the source yourself then Email me and we
can arrange to have it transferred here. I will then post a
description of any programs I receive and anyone who wants the
programs can have me Email the programs to them...

Thanks,
Noah Spurrier

noah@atmos.bu.edu  noah@bucrf18.bu.edu

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (02/18/91)

Noah> I am looking for any semantic and syntactic processing programs
Noah> or datafiles. [...]

Noah> Of particular interest to me are the following source codes
Noah> (original or remake):

Noah>                   Ractor
Noah>                   Eliza

Check out this part of the GNU Emacs manual

* Dissociated Press::  Dissociating text for fun.
* Amusements::         Various games and hacks.

for doctor (eliza), etc.

GNU Emacs is on prep.ai.mit.edu
--
Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM  Naperville IL USA  +1 708-979-6364