[alt.sources.wanted] DOS software for tape backup drive

kam@inmet.inmet.com (02/28/91)

Wanted:  DOS software to run Archive VP 60e tape backup drive (1/4" tape) on
         386 with Adaptec SCSI controller (Ad1542).
I don't have any documentation or software for the above drive.  It works
fine under Unix with tar.
Your help is highly appreciated !

Kam
kam@inmet.inmet.com

garyf@wiis.wang.com (Gary Field) (03/07/91)

kam@inmet.inmet.com writes:

>Wanted:  DOS software to run Archive VP 60e tape backup drive (1/4" tape) on
>         386 with Adaptec SCSI controller (Ad1542).
>I don't have any documentation or software for the above drive.  It works
>fine under Unix with tar.
>Your help is highly appreciated !

>Kam
>kam@inmet.inmet.com

I think what you want is SYTOS (SYtron Tape Operating System).
I am fairly sure they support the Adaptec 1542 and the Archive drives.
I don't have Sytron's address or phone number handy however. Sorry.