[alt.sources.wanted] Postscript to dot-matrix-printer conversion possible?

moore@forty2.enet.dec.com (Paul Moore) (05/31/91)

Netlanders,

Is there a conversion program available that will allow me to convert a
Postscript file to a a file that may be printed on an LQ-compatible printer
with graphics capability?

I've searched c.s.m and c.s.u newsgruops, and all I've found is something to go
in the opposite direction.

Thank you,

- Paul

wwm@wa8tzg.mi.org (Bill Meahan) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May30.160534.10439@hollie.rdg.dec.com> moore@forty2.enet.dec.com (Paul Moore) writes:
>Netlanders,
>
>Is there a conversion program available that will allow me to convert a
>Postscript file to a a file that may be printed on an LQ-compatible printer
>with graphics capability?
>
>I've searched c.s.m and c.s.u newsgruops, and all I've found is something to go
>in the opposite direction.
>
>Thank you,
>
>- Paul

Ghostscript from the FSF people does EXACTLY what you want.  I know - I
use it!

Get it from prep.ai.mit.edu.  You'll need both the program AND the
fonts.  Version 2.1.1 is what I have but version 2.2 is supposed to be
released momentarily.  Use the Canon Bubblejet BJ10e driver if YOUR LQ
supports 360 X 360 DPI, hack it slightly (I can send you the diffs if
you need them) if, like mine, your LQ-clone only supports 180 X 180 DPI.

Good luck!
--
Bill Meahan (WA8TZG)             |   Programming is simple:
wwm@wa8tzg.mi.org  OR            |

paulm@dorjam.UUCP (Owner and User) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May30.160534.10439@hollie.rdg.dec.com>, moore@forty2.enet.dec.com (Paul Moore) writes:
> Netlanders,
>
> Is there a conversion program available that will allow me to convert a
> Postscript file to a a file that may be printed on an LQ-compatible printer
> with graphics capability?

   Yes, I've been waiting to hear the question answered also.   Paul, if you
   get an positive answere by Email, could you please forward me a copy?
   I too have seen the reverse but I'm waiting to here the other way around.
   I have the source for ghostscript and I suppose with some (alot) of effort
   this could do it.

                                \  Paul Moreau  Orange, California
 UUCP:  ..!ccicpg!dorjam!paulm   \