[comp.sys.m88k] TeX on DG Aviion

demuren@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Ayodeji O. Demuren) (04/08/90)

Does anyone have TeX and LaTeX running on the DG Aviion workstation
running motif and X11 R3? It would be nice to have a previewer and
a dvi to ps converter.

Thanks
Deji Demuren

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (04/09/90)

In article <5531@amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, demuren@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Ayodeji O.
Demuren) writes:
> Does anyone have TeX and LaTeX running on the DG Aviion workstation
> running motif and X11 R3? It would be nice to have a previewer and
> a dvi to ps converter.
>
> Thanks
> Deji Demuren

We're running standard UNIX TeX 2.9--it compiled without a hitch.  For
previewing, we're using XTeX, but we have not been able to recompile it
under Motif, although our 4.1 runs OK.  We're running a locally hacked
version of 'psdvi' (off of the UNIX TeX distribution from a while back),
but we only use Adobe fonts, so you'll probably want to try the current
dvi2ps.

One thing I have to say for the AViiON is that it runs LaTeX like
greased lightning...

--
Amanda Walker, InterCon Systems Corporation