[comp.sys.m88k] GNU C for 88k

wood@gen-rtx.rtp.dg.com (Tom Wood) (06/01/90)

In article <56242@bbn.BBN.COM> adoyle@BBN.COM (Allan Doyle) writes:
> Did I see a message from someone at DG a while ago claiming there was
> an 88k version of gcc? I'd like to get a copy if there is one.

Yes, you did see a posting I made some time ago.  I've been maintaining
the m88100 port of GNU C for a while now.  Currently, the port works
with version 1.37.1 (FSF numbering).  My most recent release is 1.37.10
(DG numbering).

You can if you wish, pick up a copy via anonymous ftp to dg-rtp.dg.com.
In pub/gnu, the file gcc-1.37.10.tar.Z is an entire set of sources; the
file gcc-1.37.10-88k.usr.tar.Z is a binary release that conforms to
the 88open BCS.  The latter is useful in bootstrapping on the Motorola
Delta system as the default compiler apparently won't build GNU C.

Alternately, you can send mail asking to be added to my GNU beta mailing
list.  As passes are qualified, I mail patches from one rev to the next.
(These patches are also kept in pub/gnu/gcc-1.37.patches.)

Plans are to merge the m88100 support into the FSF base in version 2.
---
			Tom Wood	(919) 248-6067
			Data General, Research Triangle Park, NC
			{the known world}!rti!xyzzy!wood, wood@dg-rtp.dg.com