[comp.sys.m88k] R4 on Data General, DEC3100

bowen@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Devon E Bowen) (09/12/90)

In article <9009071427.AA00700@mycroft.mayo.edu>, bmc@MYCROFT.MAYO.EDU writes:
> Data General Aviion running DG/UX 4.30
> 	I believe that I need a *.cf file for this. Anything else needed to
> 	port R4 over? Has anyone already done a port and if so, is it
> 	available?

We're working on a port here. Just started a few weeks ago. You're going
to need more than just a *.cf file. There is nothing in the MIT X distribution
that is specific to the DG hardware (mouse & keyboard drivers for example).
The main drive behind our X port is to have a windowing system for our BSD
port but we also plan to have a release that will run under DG/UX.

If there is anyone out there already working on this, I'd appreciate hearing
from you.

Devon