[comp.sys.m88k] The Motorola MVME188QP boardset

duane@mauve.samsung.com (Andrew Duane) (10/11/90)

We are looking for input on the capabilities, features, foibles, bugs,
what-have-you on the Motorola MVME188QP board set. This is a 4-CPU
88100 board with 16MB of DRAM on an attached board.

If anyone has one of these, and would like to help out with some
information, we'd appreciate it. Alternatively, if you know of
another board with similar architecture (better or worse), we'd
like to know about it also.

E-Mail is preferred, I'll summarize if needed.

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)  w:(508)-685-7200 X122
Samsung Software America	 decvax!cg-atla!samsung!duane
1 Corporate Drive			  uunet/
Andover, MA.   01810		 duane@samsung.com

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's single-tasking.

michael@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com (Michael Bodine) (10/11/90)

Andrew Duane (duane@mauve.samsung.com) writes:
> We are looking for input on the capabilities, features, foibles, bugs,
> what-have-you on the Motorola MVME188QP board set. This is a 4-CPU
> 88100 board with 16MB of DRAM on an attached board.
In regard to this and to your previous posting regarding 88K unix ports,
Motorola Computer Group has a variety of 188 boards available, as well as
a port of SVR3.2 today and SVR4 in the pipeline for next year.  SPEC
benchmarks have been published for 88100-based Motorola systems with the
current software.  Current SPEC-marks for method A give the 188DP a 2@13.5
rating and the 188QP a 4@10.3.  The original SPEC result gave a 15.2 to the
188SP machine.  These are all 25Mhz boards with the 188SP being a single
processor, the DP a dual, and the QP a quad.  Full details and a demonstration
could be had from your nearest Motorola Computer sales office.

(For Andover, that's probably the Woburn, Mass. office - (617) 932-1195.)
--
[  Michael Bodine, michael@chg.mcd.mot.com, Dial: (708) 576-7840, FAX: x8875  ]
[  Motorola MCD; Loc IL38; 1100 Woodfield; Suite 334;  Schaumburg, Il  60173  ]