[comp.sys.m88k] third party vendors for DG memory

despoix@imag.fr (Frederic DESPOIX) (01/18/91)

Hi,

it seems we can now find some third party vendors for hard disk and other SCSI
devices for DG AViiON systems.
Has anyone heard of third party vendors for memory simms (1Mo, 4Mo) ?
People do this for X terminals. Why not servers ?!?

Fred.
DESPOIX Frederic,                                 despoix@imag.fr
LGI, B.P. 53x                                  despoix@imag
38041 GRENOBLE cedex, FRANCE                      uunet.uu.net!imag!despoix
Tel : (33)76.51.44.81   Fax : (33)76.44.66.75

tom@ssd.csd.harris.com (Tom Horsley) (01/18/91)

despoix> Hi,

despoix> it seems we can now find some third party vendors for hard disk and
despoix> other SCSI devices for DG AViiON systems.  Has anyone heard of
despoix> third party vendors for memory simms (1Mo, 4Mo) ?  People do this
despoix> for X terminals. Why not servers ?!?

despoix> Fred.

I am running my AViiON with memory from Digital Data Systems, Inc. and
have been very pleased with it. It comes with a lifetime guarantee.
The full info on the company is:

   Digital Data Systems, Inc.
   1551 NW 65th Ave.
   Fort Lauderdale FL  33313
   USA

   Telephone: (305) 792-3290
         Fax: (305) 581-1325

I have no connection with this company other than as a satisfied customer.
domain: tahorsley@csd.harris.com       USMail: Tom Horsley
  uucp: ...!uunet!hcx1!tahorsley               511 Kingbird Circle
                                               Delray Beach, FL  33444
+==== Censorship is the only form of Obscenity ======================+
|     (Wait, I forgot government tobacco subsidies...)               |
+====================================================================+

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (01/21/91)

despoix@imag.fr (Frederic DESPOIX) writes:

>it seems we can now find some third party vendors for hard disk and other SCSI
>devices for DG AViiON systems.
>Has anyone heard of third party vendors for memory simms (1Mo, 4Mo) ?
>People do this for X terminals. Why not servers ?!?

	Just got a flyer from Sigma Data which lists 4MB, 8MB and 16MB
memory modules for the Aviion systems. (800) 446-4525

dappel@grafted.UUCP (Dave Appel) (01/29/91)

despoix@imag.fr (Frederic DESPOIX) writes:
> Hi,
> it seems we can now find some third party vendors for hard disk and other SCS
> devices for DG AViiON systems.
> Has anyone heard of third party vendors for memory simms (1Mo, 4Mo) ?
> People do this for X terminals. Why not servers ?!?
> Fred.
> DESPOIX Frederic,                                 despoix@imag.fr
> LGI, B.P. 53x                                  despoix@imag
> 38041 GRENOBLE cedex, FRANCE                      uunet.uu.net!imag!despoix
> Tel : (33)76.51.44.81   Fax : (33)76.44.66.75
Fred:
     Get the magazines "FOCUS" from the Data General User's Group
 and "DG REVIEW" an independent magazine.  They have plenty
 of ads for add-on equipment.
    FOCUS:  800-877-4787   -or-   512-345-5316
    DG REVIEW:   512-343-9066  -or- 512-345-1935(fax)

 Bon chance.

 Fidonet:  Dave Appel at 1:231/30  I X.400 mail:
 Internet: dappel@grafted.UUCP     I   COUNTRY = US
      or dappel@ehsnet.fidonet.org I   ADMD = WESTERN UNION
 Relaynet: Dave Appel at IBMNET    I   NAME = DAVID APPEL
 GEnie:    DAVE.APPEL              I   DDA TYPE = ELN
 Western Union:  ESL 6287-7725     I   DDA VALUE = 62877725

howard@sessun.UUCP (Rock Howard) (01/30/91)

> it seems we can now find some third party vendors for hard disk
> and other SCSI devices for DG AViiON systems.
> Has anyone heard of third party vendors for memory simms (1Mo, 4Mo) ?

> Fred.

	I just added a 4Mb SIMM module from Signal Computer Supplies
which is an excellent outfit manned by some ex-DGers. While quotes vary
over time ( and currently they seem to be turning around and edging
back up ), suffice it to say that the price was about 23 per cent of
Data General's list price. Another company with high performance claims
for their SIMMs is DataRam, but their prices are roughly 1/2 of DGs.

I also called Digital Data Systems, and they were roughly 1/3 of DG's price.

Once again, quotes vary with time. You're milage may vary.

Oops -> that's Signal Computer Products at (508)-263-6125. I've also bought
a 662M hard-drive with enclosure from them. I'm currently a satisfied customer.

--
Rock Howard					Ph:   512/328-6406
Rock Solid Software				  or  512/474-4526