[comp.infosystems] Looking for demographic data

jms@netcom.COM (John Schonholtz) (02/09/91)

Well, my timing couldn't be worse, given recent headlines, but I'm looking
for a source for fairly large amounts of  demographic marketing-type data
(basically the kind of stuff that Lotus got flamed for offering), either
free or cheap.  It doesn't have to be current, or even real (although it
does have to be realistic).  Either ASCII or dBASE form would be nice.

Please hold off on the flames; I'm just a humble graduate student
trying to complete his master's project and get his degree.  E-mail
John Schonholtz						jms@netcom.com
Everything yields to success, even grammar.

jms@netcom.COM (John Schonholtz) (02/22/91)

I only got one response but it was a good 'un.  My deepest appreciation
to John Levine for taking the time to reply; this turned out to be
exactly what I needed.

I ordered the set, and am very happy with it.  If anybody would like
more details via e-mail, let me know.

--
John Schonholtz						jms@netcom.com
"There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of