[alt.peeves] Fast-food idiodacys sic

michelle (Bijo Unknown, Poet) (01/17/90)

In article <6580@wpi.wpi.edu> mwheeler@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael Wheeler) writes:
->In article <44@arkham.enet.dec.com> lane@elwood.dec.com writes:
->
->McDonald's food is REAL.  It's dairy products all bear the REAL (tm) seal.
->They use only the finest ingredients.  When you
->buy the most, you get the best.
->What they reject, other chains get next dibs on.
->
->If you don't like to carry your own tray, or associate with peasants, or just
->don't care for the food, fine; but don't call it fake food.

/////
is this any way to post to alt.peeves?

why not take your hopelessly upbeat
positivism and shuffle on over to
bio.molbio.swiss-prot?

sheesh!
l(youngcurmudgeon)mic*
--
No, no, it's not our *pennance*... it's how we grow, as Leos.  -melissad

jgk@osc.COM (Joe Keane) (01/18/90)

In article <33094@cci632.UUCP> deb@jloda.UUCP (Deborah Brown) writes:
>I would call Mickie D's "milk"shakes a lot of things, but REAL isn't one of
>them.  Last time I tried to um, "consume" one of them, it was like trying to
>suck foam rubber through my straw.  I threw it out and got one from Burger
>King.  Much better.  These things don't even MELT right.

They used to be just `shakes'; they couldn't call them milkshakes because they
weren't.  A while ago a friend told me the ingredients; i don't remember but i
think propylene glycol was one of them.  But a while ago they changed, and now
they're REAL(tm) so they can at least call them milkshakes.

On a similar note, we once got this really wretched ice cream.  After deciding
it was not for for consumption, we left it out to melt.  Guess what, it
doesn't melt.  It kept its shape quite well, with a bit of funny-smelling
liquid coming out.  Microwaving it just turned it into slime.  Yum yum!