[alt.peeves] Maaahsterpiece Theatere

mmeyer@m2.csc.ti.com (Mark Meyer) (01/17/90)

In article <2714@paperboy.OSF.ORG> dbrooks@penge.osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
>                                 Why can't Mobil get a simple piece
>of grammar right (a pronoun should agree with their antecedent)?
                   ^^^^^^^^^                   ^^^^^

	Sorry, I just couldn't resist pointing this out.  Or is this
one of those unmarked pieces of sarcasm that have been turning up in
this group?

--
Mark Meyer          USENET: {ut-sally!im4u,convex!smu,sun!texsun}!ti-csl!mmeyer
Texas Instruments, Inc.                                   CSNET : mmeyer@TI-CSL

jgk@osc.COM (Joe Keane) (01/19/90)

In article <106298@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> mmeyer@m2.csc.ti.com (Mark Meyer) writes:
>In article <2714@paperboy.OSF.ORG> dbrooks@penge.osf.org (David Brooks)
>writes:
>>                                 Why can't Mobil get a simple piece
>>of grammar right (a pronoun should agree with their antecedent)?
>                   ^^^^^^^^^                   ^^^^^
>
>	Sorry, I just couldn't resist pointing this out.  Or is this
>one of those unmarked pieces of sarcasm that have been turning up in
>this group?

Oh boy, Mr. Meyer just shot way up on my peeve list.  Three good peeves.

1.  A followup failing to detect sarcasm in the original post.

2.  ``Sorry, i couldn't resist.''  I see this too much.  What kind of BS is
this?  Of course you could resist, but you didn't.  Then you apologize for
something you're going to do anyway.

3.  People who say ``Excuse me.'' when walking anywhere near you, even though
there is enough room to fit each of your mothers in between.  (In case you
can't tell, this has nothing to do with Mr. Meyer.)